Here is a list with all the news that you can find in the new version of Apple’s Ios 16. It is a version that has focused mainly on the lock screen, there are not many other visible changes, but it has a good list of details and small changes that can be useful to you.
We are going to offer you this list so that you can see at a glance the main functions in a summarized way. In addition, we will also add the list of iPhone models that will be compatible with this new version.
Here is the list with the main new features that you will find in iOS 16 which is the new version of the operating system for iPhone. In each of the novelties we will include a short description so that you know what it is about.
IOS 16 Novelties
- New lock Screen: Without a doubt, the main novelty of iOS 16 is the complete redesign of the lock screen. It is a totally customizablelock screen, in which we will be able to change the font and add widgets with additional information on some applications.
- Improved Notifications: On the lock screen they move to the bottom of the screen. Some of these notifications may be dynamic and show live content. An example is Uber, which in its notifications you can see in real-time how much the driver has left to get there.
- Wallpaper with Emojis: A small detail is that you can set a new wallpaper using a mosaic with the emojis you want, or also with the live weather conditions.
- Copy and paste elements of a photo: If you take a photo of a poster with a text, for example, you can select the text and copy it to be able to paste it later in another application that you want. This is one of the enhancements to Live Text.
- Improvements in Live Text: In addition to those mentioned, Live Text has been improved to be able to recognize more elements of the photos such as animal breeds or types of plants, and is also capable of analyzing the videos in your gallery.
- Remove the background from a photo: When you press and hold an element that appears in the foreground in a photo. And also, you will be able to drag and extract it to move it to another app. Only the foreground element remains, like your face in a selfie, and the rest of the background disappears.
- Simple stickers from photos: If you drag an element from which you have removed the background and put it in a conversation of a messaging app, for example Telegram.
- Delete duplicate photos: The Photos app has also included a new section where it will show you duplicate photos and videos in your library, and allows you to merge them so that they are no longer duplicates.
- New isolation mode: This mode, when activated, blocks message attachments, blocks calls from unknown people in FaceTime. It also disables navigation elements, disappears shared albums, disables connections with other devices and invitations from Apple services.
- New privacy notices: They allow you to have more information related to your privacy.
- Better focus modes: These are more customizable, and will allow you to configure extra options for each application. This will have to be programmed separately by those responsible for each app if they want to offer them.
- Battery percentage: Yes, in iOS you will be able to re-activate the battery percentage so that it appears from the top bar always in small.
- Changes in iCloud In Family: More configuration options, including devices for minors.
- Backups with data: You will be able to have iCloud make backups when you connect through mobile data, not only with a WiFi. Be careful because this will affect your data consumption.
- Improvements in Apple Maps: Now you will be able to add up to 15 stops to the routes you design.
- Improvements in iMessage: You will finally be able to edit messages and unsend others if you regret what you have written. It also integrates with SharePlay to be able to view multimedia content simultaneously with your contacts.
iOS 16 Compatible Devices
Here is a list of the iPhone models that will receive the update to iOS 16. As you can see, the list covers all iPhones from iPhone 8 onwards. If your device is older, you will be left with the iOS update in which be.
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XSMax
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11Pro
- iPhone 11 ProMax
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 ProMax
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 ProMax
- iPhone SE (2nd gen.)
- iPhone SE (3rd gen.)